Thursday, September 25, 2014

Too Faced Under the Mistletoe Lipstick Trio

Can anyone else believe it's still only September?  With all of the holiday sets launching already, it's hard to believe.  I'm still waiting on the Halloween collections myself, but to even attempt to be competitive, one must start early, cosmetic companies and beauty bloggers alike.  Today I'm showcasing the Too Faced Under the Mistletoe lipstick trio which includes 3 full size (0.11 oz) La Creme lipsticks in the shades Shimmering Marshmallow Bunny, Shimmering Spice Spice Baby, and Shimmering Naked Dolly.  It also includes a pink glitter cosmetic bag.    


 
Front of packaging, I really like the concept they've chosen for this year.  Very girly and holiday oriented!

 Ingredient list

 Three full size limited edition lipsticks!

With the bag, be prepared for some fall out.  The glitter is pretty large and chunky, and while most of it is well secured, there were several pieces in the box and a few fell off while I was handling it.

(Sorry for the fuzz, new contacts)


The set is a steal considering a single La Creme runs $22 each.  Giving the bag a $10 value, you're actually getting $76 worth of product, which makes this one of the best holiday buys in my opinion.  All of the shades are limited edition; however, it is worth noting that they are shimmer versions of shades already available in the permanent collection.  The shimmer isn't obnoxious, it's a very fine color that matches each shade.



I really like the embossed logo used on these lipsticks, luxe without being overstated.

Left to right: Shimmering Marshmallow Bunny, Shimmering Naked Dolly, Shimmering Spice Spice Baby
Left to right:  Shimmering Marshmallow Bunny, Shimmering Naked Dolly, Shimmering Spice Spice Baby

I really like the La Creme line, I find the formula somewhat moisturizing but not as long lasting as I would prefer.  I've also started to back away from most of the Too Faced lip products, as I'm highly allergic to something in the Melted lipstick line, and I would REALLY like to avoid that.  The other complaint I have is the lack of shade range, as these are all fairly soft MLBB but better colors.  When I think holiday, I think rich shimmering reds and maybe even a bordeaux color, not necessarily soft pinks.  I've heard that the inspiration for the Holiday 2014 collection was lots of pink, glitter, and utter girlyness, and while I most certainly appreciate that, I do think a proper holiday red should be present.  Overall, it's a great set with tons of value, it's just not as diverse as I would have hoped.  What are your thoughts on this set?  Great value or more of a holiday faux pas?  Let me know in the comments below!

These are not gluten free, much to my dismay.  

3 comments:

  1. i need this in my life!!! these shades scream my name!!! all over!!! but even i, with my fear of reds, was surprised at the lack of a holiday red shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely do! Especially at the price point, $28 for three is a steal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already own the regular Naked Dolly and Spice Spice Baby which I love. I really don't "need" a glittery version, but I've been wanting to get Marshmallow Bunny anyhoo. I figure for an extra $6 I'm getting 2 more (albeit glittery versions) of lipsticks I already know I love. Also knowing me I'd probably prefer this version of Marshmallow Bunny than the regular matte one. I agree with you about the shades not being what I think of when I think of the holidays, but since I rarely wear bold colors I'd probably use these more often than if they were more of a red or cranberry color.

    ReplyDelete