Monday, September 8, 2014

Texture, texture, texture

Tonight I bring you textured nail polish courtesy of Lynnderella.  Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of texture polishes at all, I really prefer smooth and shiny or matte. For Lynnderella, I make exceptions, as it's only Miss Lynn or Chelsea from Enchanted Polish that could possibly sway me.  Featured tonight are (thumb to pinky) Orchid of the Year, Bright and Stormy, and Violet's Dark Side.  Orchid of the Year is a medium cool toned pink base with assorted holo micro and round glitters.  Bright and Stormy is a blackened base with black and holo micro glitters.  Violet's Dark Side is a cool toned purple with assorted round and micro holo glitters.  You really need to see these beauties in the sun to get the full effect, the results are appealing without though.  Bright and Stormy feels like a chic take on black, slightly less daunting than a straight black nail, the texture breaks it up nicely.  Violet and Orchid are colors that will easily carry you through the fall season, I think a gradient of Violet and Bright and Stormy would be gorgeous.  While I would still prefer a different top coat for this sort of thing, I do really like the colors.  I used butter London's Horse Power Nail Fertilizer as the base abs top coat, my mind are still recovering from a tragic gardening accident.  I think something thicker, like a gel top coat, so I don't feel the texture as much would help immensely.  I do own another textured polish from Lynnderella, Miss Isa Whizard GF, which is a much lighter, brighter pink than Orchid of the Year. 
What are your thoughts on textured polish, love it or hate it?  Would you rock black nail polish?  Let me know in the comments! 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not liked textured polishes that I've tried but none were indie polishes. The right black polish can be fantastic so I'm not opposed.

    Bright and Stormy is tempting. Will have to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm always torn on textured polish! i love me some sparkle but i hate having to remove it!! how did you find the removal process? any tips?

    ReplyDelete