Saturday, September 27, 2014

Marc Jacobs Sky Liner Vault Photos and First Impressions

Eye liners are tricky business.  You want it to soft, but not too soft.  Creamy, but stays put.  Smokeable, but smudgeproof.  While hunting for the perfect liner, I came across the Marc Jacobs Beauty Sky Liner Vault, a Sephora exclusive for the holiday season.  The set includes seven mini liners, five of which are from the permanent line and two are exclusive to the set.  While these are minis, I find them to be a great value as you get seven colors for less than the price of two full size liners.  There's also a fair bit of product per pencil, as each one contains .37 grams of liner and a full size has .5 grams so you're getting more than half a full size pencil in each color.  


The other nice thing to point out in this set, is the package.  You get a luxe black plastic box that houses the liners, which has a super high shine finish, similar to enamel.  It's something that will certainly look gorgeous on a vanity, and I think the liner insert could be removed so it would hold a fair amount of trinkets.  I really love when companies include something extra in the packaging, so I was quite pleased to see it included, plus it's emblazoned with Marc Jacobs in silver letters, whom I've started collecting make up bags from.  

The swatches are very true to pan so to speak, and the color was reasonably easy to achieve in one or two passes.  The colors are as follows:  O(vert) a medium tone forest green, Brown(out) bronze with shimmer and previously available in this size as a 100 point perk from Sephora, Sunset is a warm golden bronze with lots of shimmer,  Midnight in Paris is an inky indigo blue with shimmer and a bit of micro glitter, Th(ink) is deep navy with shimmer, (Plum)age is a warm vivid purple with shimmer, and Blacquer is a deep black creme.  It's a good mix of colors that will be easily wearable throughout the season, and flattering on every eye color.  I've been told these liners hold up well on the waterline, something I'm not used to doing as every single liner I've ever worn on my lower lash line has smudged.  I'll be testing this and reporting back.  I did wear the swatch on my hands for a few hours, including lots of hand washing, and they held up nicely, with some noticeable fading on Midnight in Paris, Th(ink), and (Plum)age.  
Left to right:  O (vert), (Brown)out, Sunset, Midnight in Paris,  Th(ink), (Plum) age, Blacquer.   

Overall, I'm really pleased with the set, I think it's a great value and introduction into the brand.  I do have the Parisienne eyeshadow palette and a VIB Rouge exclusive Lip Gel in Cabaret yet to swatch and review, so stay tuned!  Are you familiar with Marc Jacobs Beauty?  Have you tried anything from his line yet?  


No comments:

Post a Comment